This page sets out the basis on which any personal data that we collect from you, or you provide to us, will be processed by us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act), the data controller is Vintage Associates (we or us) a private limited company registered in England & Wales, registered office 4 Dairy Yard, Star Street, Ware, SG12 7DX registered number 11804055. Contact number 0203 998 3486.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in any form on our website www.vintage-associates.co.uk (site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the site and on any subsequent visit during which you log into the site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that such contact and any relevant correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders. Details of your visits to our site (and the pages and any other resources that you access).
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Security and Storage of your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted (using SSL technology). Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of your information
None of the information you provide to us will be published or otherwise made available to any other person on or via the site. We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To provide you with information about products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To notify you about changes to our products or services.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about products and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
To unsubscribe from our mailing list simply click on the unsubscribe link available at the bottom of every marketing email and you will be opted out of all email communications.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means any of our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, for the time being as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- For carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Vintage Associates or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us as suggested below.
Links to other websites
The site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Any communication regarding this policy or any aspect of the site should be addressed to us at 4 Dairy Yard, Star Street, Ware, SG12 7DX or by email on: firstname.lastname@example.org